Heart Chakra Affirmations
It is time to explore the kind of affirmations we can use to heal the heart chakra.
Through practice we can learn to use heart chakra affirmations to achieve a greater understanding of the chakra and activate its blessings.
Anahata, the heart chakra, is the energy center that controls our ability to feel true unbound love.
If you wish to skip directly to the affirmations, use the quick navigation below.
Introduction to Chakras
If you are into yoga or meditation or attended a reiki session, you may have heard your practitioner or yoga instructor talk about your chakras.
But what is a chakra? How many chakras are there in total and how do they affect us?
This article will guide you through the different types of chakras affirmations, what effect they have on our lives, and how powerful they are.
The word chakra is a Sanskrit word which means “wheel”. This means the force of life or the prana is ever-rotating or revolving around us or within us.
These energies have 7 different centers in our body, which starts from the bottom of the spine to the top of our head.
If you maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle, then the 7 chakras give us balanced energy to our body, mind, and soul.
If anyone of our 7 chakras is affected or is blocked, then our health or mind will suffer.
The History Behind The Chakra System
Historically, the study of the seven chakras originated in Indian spiritual customs that consider human existence to be based on the primary chakras.
You can browse through the old texts of Vedas and you will find more information about the chakras and how each of the chakras correspond to certain organs and also emotional, physical, psychological and spiritual states and how the chakras influence them.
We can also categorize the chakras into minor and major chakras. I prefer using the 7 chakra system, because it is enough to heal and activate every aspect of the energetic body.
Whenever a particular chakra is not performing properly or it is blocked, then you are more prone to suffer from an illness. Just like how our body requires nourishment to strengthen it or energize it.
When we use the term energy, we are implying life-force that makes us conscious and alive. With the help of the chakras, we can understand the working of the life-force or energy.
The seven primary chakras begin at the perineum and them run-up to the top of the head in a straight line alongside the spinal cord.
How Affirmations Can Help Balance the Chakra
Chakras are the life-forces that affect our reality. If a chakra is blocked, it can represent a physical illness or pain and may also manifest in your emotions, relationships, or even financial stability.
With the help of affirmations, you can use the strength of words to alter the way you exist.
The more affirmations you use, the more you start believing in them and the more they tend to transform into reality.
These affirmations have been successful in helping us achieve astonishing results and they have often turned several failures into achievements.
You can use the power of positive affirmations to cleanse, clear, and balance your chakras.
You can use positive affirmations to change the negative waves into positive ones. The affirmations have the power of healing your physical as well as your emotional pains.
When your chakra is balanced, you attain happiness and joy. Each of the affirmations has its potential benefits.
The heart chakra is the fourth chakra that is situated at the center of a human body. It is linked with understanding, desire, and love.
The heart chakra can be blocked by emotional pain or stress. Bad memories or sad past or overthinking may cause the heart chakra to be blocked. This makes it hard to indulge in new relationships or keep hanging onto current healthy relationships.
If your heart chakra is balanced, then you will possess the ability to be open to others for love and compassion. You will openly spread love as well as be able to receive love from others.
If your heart chakra is unsteady, then you will be unable to love others as well as yourself. There will be extreme hatred in your heart along with depression, selfishness, grief, and jealousy.
How to Use Heart Chakra Affirmations
The heart chakra affirmations can process your pain and channelize it into a positive path. You can speak the heart chakra affirmations aloud or speak silently to yourself, in your mind.
Repeating the affirmative statements, a couple of times will associate you to feel a positive emotion simultaneously.
For better results, chant the affirmations daily. If you want to jot down the positive affirmations on a piece of paper, you can do it and keep it with yourself.
Burning of incense sticks, candles and the use of essential oils awaken your inner soul and allows you to open your heart to love and compassion.
Certain yoga poses also enhance the heart chakra and opens the heart, such as the upward facing dog, bridge drive, camel, chest toward the sky, etc.
When to Use Heart Chakra Affirmations
When your heart chakra is blocked, and you are suffering from heartache or depression, you must recognize or identify the reason for discomfort.
You will need to heal the pain to lift yourself and open your heart to receive love from others as well as give them the same.
Hence, you must recognize when to use the heart chakra affirmations. The following are the symptoms or signs that your heart chakra is blocked or broken;
- You feel lonely even when you are surrounded by people.
- You are unable to have faith in family or friends.
- You want to run away from others, isolate and disconnect yourself from the world.
- You think love is painful or temporary so you run away from the feeling of love.
- You feel disappointed very easily when someone doesn’t agree with you.
- You still feel the pain you felt in the past when he/she left you.
- You are always longing for someone you want but you cannot have or find one because you are afraid you might lose him/her.
- You feel you are being judged all the time.
- You feel socially anxious or shy.
- You tend to gain weight rapidly.
- You are holding onto old grudges.
- You have been keeping all your emotions and feelings bottled up inside you.
- You feel that commitments are struggles.
- You feel like procrastinating your relationship efforts.
- You are latching onto the dark past.
- The moment someone tries to come close to you, you shun that person away.
- You always put yourself last.
- You eat more whenever you are depressed. And binge-eating leads to a rapid weight gain.
35 Heart Chakra Affirmations
1. I feel stunning and attractive.
2. My relationships heal me.
3. I love my family and friends.
4. I am open to giving love.
5. I am open to receive love.
6. My love nurtures my life.
7. I exhale all the negativity.
8. I breathe only happiness and love.
9. I think about the positives.
10. I have control over my emotions.
11. My body is beautiful.
12. My heart is open to all.
13. I am strong and bold.
14. I have potential qualities in me.
15. I am prosperous.
16. I can be better every day.
17. I have a good heart.
18. I am independent.
19. I have a loving soul.
20. My mind is clean.
21. My body is healthy.
22. I have happiness in me.
23. I respect everyone.
24. I have strength.
25. I am brave and courageous.
26. I can overcome pain.
27. I am stable.
28. I live life to the fullest.
29. My family is very important to me.
30. My friends are very supportive.
31. I have a happy life.
32. I have the strength to fight sadness.
33. My opinions matter.
34. I am worth it.
35. I have a good body.
Why Are Heart Chakra Affirmations So Powerful?
Affirmations will not work if you chant it without meaning it, without emotions. They will simply be empty words.
Affirmations are so powerful when used with determinations that it changes you as a person and mold you into a better human being.
It channels your bad thoughts into a productive and healthy mind. It enhances your personality and makes you holistic. It enriches your soul and opens your heart to others.
It reveals the truths of life and lets you embrace it with a smile. It develops your emotional strength and lets you face challenges of your life with a courageous heart.